Take a look at these driving questions and check your answers with the answers page! More questions will follow, so keep checking!
Check the Quiz Answers page to see how well you did!
1) While driving to work, the best way to stay focused on driving is:
a) Turn off the radio and drink your coffee slowly
b) Listen to your favourite music
c) Listen to the local traffic reports
2) When you see a driver tailgating you, you should:
a) Slow down to send them a message that you’re annoyed
b) Tap your brakes
c) Change lanes to avoid them
d) Speed up
3) What does a yellow (amber) traffic light really mean?
a) Slow down
b) Stop if it’s safe to do so
d) Speed up because the red light’s coming
4) What’s the most dangerous action that a driver faces each day they drive to work?
a) Driving with annoying passengers in the backseat
b) Turning left at traffic lights
c) Parallel parking
d) Freeway driving
5) What’s the most commonly reported collision in North America?
a) Head on crash
b) Rear crash
c) T-bone in an intersection
d) Pedestrian struck
6) When you’re stopped in traffic at a red light on the way to work, where should you be checking regularly?
a) Traffic to the left and right
b) Your hair
c) Traffic approaching from behind
d) Dashboard warning lights
7) Which lane is the best lane to drive in while heading off to work?
a) The left lane
b) The right lane
c) The lane that provides the safest travels at that time
d) Doesn’t matter as long as I get there
8) What’s the best way to avoid becoming late for work?
a) Leave early in bad weather
b) Listen to traffic reports and plan alternative routes
c) Make early lane choices to avoid having to retrace your steps
d) All of the above
9) What’s the minimum safe following distance in the city on dry roads?
a) 2 car lengths behind the other vehicle
b) 3 car lengths behind the other vehicle
c) 20 metres behind the other vehicle
d) 2 seconds behind the other vehicle
10) When are most fatal crashes happening?
a) Sunday afternoons
b) Friday night on a long weekend
c) Rush hour
11) When you’re low on fuel, when’s the best time to buy fuel for your vehicle?
a) When the gas warning light turns on
b) On the way to work
c) On the way home from work
d) When the prices drop
12) You should check your rear view mirror…
a) Every 5 to 8 seconds
b) To check your make-up or hair
c) When you think there may be a problem behind you
d) After you apply the brake
13) As you drive to and from work, what should you do once the red light turns green?
a) Press the gas pedal
b) Scan the intersection to see if it’s clear
c) Honk at the sleeping driver ahead of you
d) Immediately follow the driver ahead of you into the intersection
14) If another driver shows that they’re road raging toward you, what should you do?
a) Ignore them
b) Drive away from them quickly
c) Drive to a quiet, remote location
d) Stare at them
15) You’ve experienced construction on the way to work and have to detour; when are you legally allowed to do a U-turn?
b) When the traffic clears
c) When you have visibility of 150 metres in every direction
d) When you have visibility of 60 metres in every direction
16) What does a flashing amber traffic light mean?
b) Slow down
17) When approaching a Yield sign, what must you do?
a) Stop; and proceed when clear
b) Slow down; and proceed when clear
c) Look left and right and proceed slowly
d) Look left and right and proceed quickly
18) What’s the distance you must stop behind a school bus when it has their red lights alternately flashing and the stop arm out?
a) 6 metres
b) 12 metres
c) 20 metres
d) 30 metres
19) What’s the safest way to park in a large parking lot?
a) Drive into the space; nose first
b) Back into the space
c) Drive through the space into the next one so you’re facing out
d) Doesn’t matter as long as you do it safely
20) What’s the best way to drive near cyclists?
a) Change lanes completely well before you reach them
b) Slow down while passing them
c) Honk the horn to warn them
d) Stay behind them until they turn off the road
21) What’s the best way to overcome driving while drowsy after a long day at work?
a) Drink coffee
b) Get fresh air
c) Take a break and rest
d) Do exercises to get the blood flowing
22) When are you allowed to turn LEFT on a RED light?
a) Only if a sign says you can
b) From a one way street onto another one way street
c) If a police officer isn’t watching
23) When should cruise control be used?
a) On flat, dry roads with light traffic
b) Any fast moving road
c) On any road conditions
d) Going up hills
24) What causes drivers to become distracted the most?
a) Their personal thoughts
c) Other drivers and vehicles
d) Any of the above
25) If your signals fail to work, how do you signal that you want to turn right?
a) Left arm straight out the window
b) Left arm pointing to the ground
c) Left arm bent and pointing upwards
d) Right arm pointing across the seating compartment
26) If you’re driving to work and your brakes fail, what’s the best way to stop your vehicle?
a) Pump the brakes
b) Drive uphill until you stop
c) Apply the parking brake
d) Spin the vehicle sideways
27) If you spot a spider in your vehicle while you’re driving, you should
a) Squash it until there’s nothing left of it
b) Ignore it
c) Pull over and deal with it
d) Pick it up and throw it out the window
28) An emergency vehicle is approaching you from behind with their lights flashing and their siren blaring; what should you do?
a) Keep driving so you can stay ahead of them
b) Move to the right lane and keep driving
c) Pull over and stop
d) Nothing; it’s their responsibility to go around you
29) If you’re involved in a collision, the first thing you should do is;
a) Exchange information with the other driver
b) Protect the scene
c) Call your family
d) Call your insurance company
30) When approaching an all-way stop, with the choices given bewlow, who should be given the right of way?
a) The largest vehicle goes first
b) The driver to the left goes first
c) The driver on the right goes first
d) The driver whose going straight goes first